Go a bit faster, often without pausing to think about what you’re doing and why. (From software > Agile: a development protocol that few outside of software bothered to study to any real level of understanding.)
- “We’re running behind schedule, so let’s keep it agile”
Socialise the idea
1. Get so many opinions involved that you've no hope of retaining the original idea or making decisions fast. 2. POLITICS. Create the illusion of collaborative progress while quietly achieving the complete opposite.
- “Let’s socialise the idea, and pick it up next quarter.”
Give it 110%
/gɪv ɪt 110 pəˈsɛnt/
Exhaust yourself and others through a self-defeating attempt to exceed what is humanly possible in any given situation.
- “Let’s give 110% on this one guys.” [Sparse clapping]
Boil the ocean
/bɔɪl ði ˈəʊʃən/
1. MANAGEMENT: Signify your arrival as a mature, erudite decision-maker who is uniquely equipped to bring order to chaos. 2. What happens when you engage a traditional management consultancy to solve a single problem well.
- “Guys, I think we’re in danger of boiling the ocean here, yeah?”